Engine died and won't start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mojomike

Just returned from a short trip where everything worked flawlessly!  Parked the coach on Monday Sep 25th at the shop where I store it outside.  On Friday the 29th they needed to move it to access another rig.  It started fine but died after 8 or so seconds and cranked but couldn't be restarted.  I know and trust the fella who was attempting to move it so no shenanigans.  Eng light on now.  I don't have a 9 pin scan tool.  Is there any way to pull a code without it?  Diesel is above my pay grade so I have a mobile mechanic coming late this week or early next.  I tried to fire it up Saturday but no go.  Turns over without issue and acts like it's not getting fuel.  Crankshaft position sensor? Fuel pump?  Throwing stuff at the wall with all my guessing....

As always any insight would be appreciated!

On a separate note I have a couple of recent mods/replacements to post.  I'll get moving on that.

Looking forward to your thoughtful responses.

Mike
2004 Journey 34H
Cummins 300

I had issues with codes over the spring trip. 
I stopped in at CW and picked up a Scangauge Diesel.  It connects into computer, retreives codes, will clear codes but gives great amounts of useful (at least useful to me) information.
https://www.scangauge.com/support/user-manuals/
Hope I am not posting this link in contravention of forum rules. If link not acceptable, please feel free to delete.
Hope this may be of some help to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom