How do you know a good deal on the Grand Design 2500RL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bill dean

Just about ready to buy a new Grand Design 2500RL trailer. The MSRP is $34,00.00. The dealer has offered it to me for $25000.00 plus taxes, license& Title, destination charges and PDI which brings the price up to $28750.00 but this seems like a lot of money extra money in fees. Taxes are 6% and license and title are $230.00. How do you know if you are getting a good deal or what dealer invoice really is?

Taxes, shipping (destination), and tag/title are always extra. The PDI fee is a gimmick because it was included in the MSRP to begin with. They  add the PDI cost into the supposed discount and then take it back as an add-on fee.  ???  So adding the PDI back in, the real discount price was more like $26,000 or maybe $26,500?  That still sounds decent.  Anything above 15% is a better than average price and 20%+ is a decent price.  Sometimes and in some places you can get closer to 30%, so if the discount deal is everything to you, you might want to shop around further.

ON Grand Design this is what I have seen for percentages off MSRP.  That number would have to include all charges expect tax and registration fees.

35% plus excellent deal and takes a lot shopping and dealing and may have to some traveling to get it.
30% off is good deal but takes a little work and could have to travel some. 
25% off is OK If the dealership is close to you and the service department is decent it would be worth it to me
25% or less find another dealer.

To solve some confusion, you can offer an "out the door" price, then let him figure out how to make it all add up.  If you want to pay $25,000 + $1500 tax + $230 title and license fees, offer $26,800 out the door and see what they say.

Thanks everyone! Your advice got me a great deal from what I have read above. Brought her home today. 35% off plus the tax.

Back
Top Bottom