Back in the groove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Last evening I returned to our regular weekly ukulele band practice in preparation for a couple of upcoming concerts. Somewhat low energy, with only 30+ attendees, some key players/singers absent, and our Music Director was on vacation (in his new RV).

Part way through practice I heard the tell-tale sound of the high-C string on my 8-string uke breaking. Might be time to replace all 8 strings.

Maybe I'll see you folks perform someday. What a great talent to have.

Would love to have you attend one of our concerts.

[quote author=QZ]What a great talent to have.[/quote]

Not sure about talent per se; Some of us who learned to play in our later years wish we'd learned many years ago.

[quote author=Tom]I heard the tell-tale sound of the high-C string on my 8-string uke breaking.[/quote]

Visited my favorite musical instrument store in Lafayette, CA today (90 minutes drive each way), and had them replace all 8 strings on my uke, although I could have replaced them myself. Also had them replace a broken tuner on my banjo ukulele.

These folks are great to work with ... I dropped off the two ukes and walked down the street to a good lunch place. Meanwhile, they had one of their techs drop everything and work on my ukes, and they were ready when I got back.

The store owners know how far I have to drive, and also appreciate all the business I send their way from new band members. They voluntarily go online to match the lowest advertised price, and give our members an additional 10% discount.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom