EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Leveling jacks  (Read 426 times)

llisanag

Leveling jacks
« on: October 04, 2017, 09:57:24 AM »
I am new to all of this.  We lost our home in the recent floods in Texas and bought a 2003 Fleetwood American Eagle to live in while our home is fixed.  I havnt a clue on most of this rig but am slowly figuring this out myself.  My leveling jacks are giving me fits.  They sound like they need hydraulic fluid (or changed) and the left rear jack doesnt go all the way to the ground.  I am getting so frustrated...can anyone give me an idea to fix this? :-\

reniram

• ---
  • 2013 Winnebago 26HE Vista F53 V10
Re: Leveling jacks
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 10:24:20 AM »
Sorry to hear of your traumatic loss..as far as the levelling jacks go, I think you have probably answered your own question..  The reservoir for the hyd. system is quite likely to be low on fluid... My manual states to use ATF fluid and also to change out the fluid every 3 years..so I would suggest first thing to do would be to suck out the tank and fill with fresh fluid then try it out..It also states that it needs a fairly decent battery voltage to operate correctly, so check that and if needed run the engine while levelling. good luck..

kdbgoat

• ---
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 10:42:10 AM »
Welcome to the site! Sorry about the problems with your home.

I can't help with your leveling jacks, but please only post each problem one time. I see you have posted this same question in 4 different areas. When someone does this, it spreads out out the replies all over the place, and will add confusion for you and us.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

8Muddypaws

• ---
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 12:37:09 PM »
First off, what name is on the control panel for the leveling system.  Not all of them are hydraulic.

If you have a mechanical/gear driven system like our 06 Fleetwood coach has you've probably driven yourself nuts looking the hydraulic fluid reservoir.   
Retired computer professional
Musician, songwriter and music director
2006 Bounder 34H, 2008 CR-V Toad

Arch Hoagland

• ---
  • Clovis CA
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 01:00:05 PM »
I'd spray the extended leveling jacks with WD40. I have to spray mine about once a year otherwise they become a bit erratic.

2004 Monaco La Palma 36 DBD
W22, 8.1 gas,  Allison 1000 Transmission
7.1 MPG over 80,000 miles

2000 Lexus RX300, 4020lb
U.S. Gear Braking System

Utclmjmpr

• ---
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 02:55:55 PM »
Are you running the engine while using the jacks, you need to do this to keep the batteries fully up while using the jack system.>>>Dan ( The reservoir is located behind the right rear wheels in the last rear bay and has a dipstick)>>>
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 02:59:59 PM by utahclaimjumper »
38' American Tradition 38TT/330 turbo Cummins
Jeep liberty 4 down
72 VW Baja 4 down
Cedar City, Utah
USAF vet. 59-63
The difference between intelligence & stupidity is: intelligence has it's limits
      Albert Einstein.
President Western GM Coach chapter FMCA

llisanag

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 09:44:26 PM »
Thank y’all so much for helping me. I found where to add hydraulic fluid and all is good!

Hosted by Over The Network