Leveling jacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

llisanag

I am new to all of this.  We lost our home in the recent floods in Texas and bought a 2003 Fleetwood American Eagle to live in while our home is fixed.  I havnt a clue on most of this rig but am slowly figuring this out myself.  My leveling jacks are giving me fits.  They sound like they need hydraulic fluid (or changed) and the left rear jack doesnt go all the way to the ground.  I am getting so frustrated...can anyone give me an idea to fix this? :-\

Sorry to hear of your traumatic loss..as far as the levelling jacks go, I think you have probably answered your own question..  The reservoir for the hyd. system is quite likely to be low on fluid... My manual states to use ATF fluid and also to change out the fluid every 3 years..so I would suggest first thing to do would be to suck out the tank and fill with fresh fluid then try it out..It also states that it needs a fairly decent battery voltage to operate correctly, so check that and if needed run the engine while levelling. good luck..

Welcome to the site! Sorry about the problems with your home.

I can't help with your leveling jacks, but please only post each problem one time. I see you have posted this same question in 4 different areas. When someone does this, it spreads out out the replies all over the place, and will add confusion for you and us.

First off, what name is on the control panel for the leveling system.  Not all of them are hydraulic.

If you have a mechanical/gear driven system like our 06 Fleetwood coach has you've probably driven yourself nuts looking the hydraulic fluid reservoir. 

Are you running the engine while using the jacks, you need to do this to keep the batteries fully up while using the jack system.>>>Dan ( The reservoir is located behind the right rear wheels in the last rear bay and has a dipstick)>>>

Thank y?all so much for helping me. I found where to add hydraulic fluid and all is good!

Back
Top Bottom