EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: RV Park Recommendations in AZ  (Read 421 times)

sparky60

RV Park Recommendations in AZ
« on: November 20, 2017, 05:45:43 PM »
Hello all,

We're currently in a Park Model in Mesa, AZ. With the yearly rate increases pushing past our fixed budget (rent is now at $5,700 year), we're beginning our search for a new park.  We're able to live just about anywhere in AZ, prefer to be a half-hour or so from a larger city with all the conveniences.  Being very difficult to get rate information online, I thought I'd throw this out there and get your recommendations for an affordable 55+ RV Park.
We can sell our PM and buy another one, or if it makes sense we can have ours moved.

Thanks very much for your input!

TonyDtorch

• ---
Re: RV Park Recommendations in AZ
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 05:51:52 PM »
That's about $16 a night...that's not that bad for a full hookup spot..

Maybe look into 'workcamping' to off set some of the rent money.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 05:54:38 PM by TonyDtorch »

VallAndMo

• ---
  • Vall and Mo, a married couple getting ready for FT
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 12:58:32 AM »
Hi Sparky60,

The only RV park we stayed on AZ that fits your description (Leaf Verde RV Park in Buckeye) costs $445/mo plus tax and electric, so it would also break your budget.

If I were in your shoes, I'd consider going mobile (ie, getting a properly equipped, motorized RV instead of a park model) and boondock instead. There are many nice boondocking options in AZ around large cities, and after the initial investiment on solar panels etc, you can't beat the cost (ie free or nearly so).

Cheers,
--
   Vall.

AStravelers

• ---
  • Part time travelers, 4-8 months each year.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 08:34:11 AM »
Have you tried http://www.rvparkreviews.com/ to help search for RV Parks to call and check on prices?
Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R
2009 Chevy Colorado 4X4

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Alaskansnowbirds

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 10:20:35 PM »
Don't know how close you want to stay to Phoenix. There is a 55 park just south of Prescott in Prescott Valley. Don't know anything about the park but have visited friends there and it seems like a nice park.

https://www.orchardranchrvpark.com/
Don & Peg
Alaska/Arizona
Currently located here.
Weather at Camp Verde, AZ.

nvrver

• ---
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 08:56:44 PM »
Its been a few years since we have been to this part of Arizona.  Casa Grande area is worth checking out.
Quail Run RV Resort in Arizona City it is about 12 miles South East of Casa Grande, but worth checking out.  Why not take a day and drive to Casa Grande and drive to the RV resorts including Palm Greek RV Resort where my wife‘s sister had a park model.  We also stayed a week one year at Indian Skies RV Resort in Florence, nice park.  Dick nvrver
Charter Life Member Good Sam
RVing since 1984
2006 Winnebago Class C, Ford V-10
2013 Honda CR-V EX AWD
Member WIT - Washoe Winnies

DonTom

• ---
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 11:06:05 PM »
Hello all,

We're currently in a Park Model in Mesa, AZ. With the yearly rate increases pushing past our fixed budget (rent is now at $5,700 year), we're beginning our search for a new park.  We're able to live just about anywhere in AZ, prefer to be a half-hour or so from a larger city with all the conveniences.  Being very difficult to get rate information online, I thought I'd throw this out there and get your recommendations for an affordable 55+ RV Park.
We can sell our PM and buy another one, or if it makes sense we can have ours moved.

Thanks very much for your input!
I doubt you can do much better than that. This RV Park is a +55, here in Tucson, but look at the rates here. And this is not that nice of an RV park, but I love this area as it is fairly close to everything I want to do.  Which includes hiking as well as stores and restaurants. But RVs are kinda close together and such.

I have been here for a full week, I leave in the morning and head for the Tombstone area.

-Don-  Tucson, AZ
-Don-   AA6GA

2000 Fleetwood Tioga 24D, 7.4L

Eight motorcycles:
Original owner of:
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Versys 650 LT
2016 Moto Guzzi Stelvio
2017 Zero DS ZF6.5