Brake buddy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

olly72

Hi all.  I have a classic brake buddy that has worked fine for 8 yrs.  It now is blowing the fuse in the plug in stem.  Seems to me it might be the compressor locking up.  Can't find a diagram of parts or any suggestions as how to repair .  Thanks for any help.

Contact Brake Buddy Customer Service?
http://www.brakebuddy.com/Contactus-Feedback

They probably won't supply diagrams, but they may be able to help. I think they also have a repair service.

Google their phone number, they have been helpful to me in the past.  When I dropped mine installing and broke the handle they sent me a used one free. 

I just had my Classic repaired by the factory. They lost the info, and after a few phone calls they found my order and sent it. Needed a new compressor, line cord, and some sort of bracket inside. Cost about $225 but I bought it used many years ago so I've gotten my moneys worth.

Funny thing, this last weekend I made a tight turn out of a shopping center and all of a sudden the brakes were dragging. The breakaway switch had pulled out and the toad was slowing me down. I was able to go around the corner back into the lot (brakes weren't locked up) and disconnect the switch. Found the plastic plug in the street but it had been run over and is broken. Time for a new switch, but I know it works!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom