Equal-i-zer hitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bill dean

After traveling 100 miles bring my new Grand Design home today I realize now I need a Equal-i-zer Weight Distributing hitch. Can anyone tell me the best place to order one from, shipped to my door with free shipping? The dealer wanted $800.00 plus installation.

I'm new here.  I've had an enclosed trailer that I hauled Polaris Rzrs in and we used an Equal-I-Zer hitch.  We loved it.  It popped, squeaked and groaned when navigating turns, but we loved it.  It controlled our 24ft enclosed just fine.  We are picking up a 31ft Palomino Puma in a couple of days and that's the hitch I am putting on w/o question.

diver165 said:
...  It popped, squeaked and groaned when navigating turns, ...

I use Equal-I-zer's "Sway Bracket Jackets" on the L-brackets and they significantly quiet the pops and groans. Also, pay attention to the lube instructions from Equal-I-zer.

When I had my TT, I never pull without the Equalizer.  Big difference.

When we bought ours we bought it through Amazon . At the time they had the best prices. We also had our dealer install it for free. We love the WDS.

I'm picking up a Grand Design today from Explore USA. They are going to outfit me with an Equal-i-zer hitch. You might give them a call and see if you can purchase a hitch from them. Though Amazon is pretty easy.

If you install it yourself, just be sure to follow the instructions carefully. DH did the install on the last two trucks we owned, and it just took a little time and care. Even if you have the dealer do it, double check the installation when you can. Sometimes they don't get it was level as it should be. And we are another family that have used the EquilIZer hitch system for 20 years very happily.

I don't fault the dealers much on WDH set up. They can only be so close with an empty trailer. Once loaded, the set up can be vastly different. One guy that set up hitches at the dealership I bought from fills all the tanks with water to add as much weight as possible. That helps, but can still be off once the trailer has all your stuff in it.

kdbgoat said:
I don't fault the dealers much on WDH set up. They can only be so close with an empty trailer. Once loaded, the set up can be vastly different. One guy that set up hitches at the dealership I bought from fills all the tanks with water to add as much weight as possible. That helps, but can still be off once the trailer has all your stuff in it.
Good point, and one I had forgotten. We replaced trucks while we still had our trailers so in both cases the trailer was fully loaded when he did the setup.

I didn't have my dealer install mine. I bought one from etrailer.com. The install was simple enough. There was a big difference after I installed it. Thanks for everyone help

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom