I have a 2013 Sightseer - driver's slide gets out of alignment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue Eagle

I have a 2013 Sightseer (20,000 miles) and have had it in the shop four times since I bought it two years ago. The huge slide on the driver's side keeps getting out of alignment and won't go out or come back in properly, without someone pushing or pulling on one side of it when I activate it. I tried resetting it a couple of times, and that actually worked once, but now it is so bad that the slide is dragging on the floor and tearing the linoleum. The last shop I just took it to told me that the issue was so bad they can't even fix it and recommended that I take it to a Winne dealer. I have no confidence that they will do anything other than replace motors, gears and or controllers and that the problem will just continue to reoccur because every service advisor told me those huge slide outs are simply way too heavy for the motors I have in the coach. I have heard that Winne may have a retrofitted rail system that can be installed to correct this, but does anyone know if the manufacturer is covering this as a courtesy repair? I do have extended warranty, but the warranty company has already told me that they will not cover any costs associated with a retrofit repair...only restoration of original (clearly inadequate) equipment.

Blue Eagle said:
.... I have heard that Winne may have a retrofitted rail system that can be installed to correct this, but does anyone know if the manufacturer is covering this as a courtesy repair? ...
They have retrofitted some slide mechanisms under goodwill but I have no idea of the details and they won't tell me  :p. I recommend you take pictures and email to Winnie Owner Relations along with your contact details, dealer, and coach serial number.

And... welcome.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom