Has anyone bought their own lot on the beach?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mosagra

My wife and I will retire in 5-10 years.  My wife LOVES the beach.

We have this idea to buy a lot on a beach somewhere, any beach.  Would have to be away from major tourist areas and zoning laws. would set it up with hookups and live there in our RV Maybe half the time, travel maybe half the time. 

It could have a fixer upper on it, or maybe an older house that just got knocked down by a hurricane.

Anybody here ever heard of or tried such a strategy?

Beach doesn't have to mean ocean or associated corrosion. There are countless beaches on lakes, and we even have beaches here on the rivers and sloughs of the California Delta. We've lived alongside CA Delta waters for the last 17 years, and have no plans to change our primary residence. However, local zoning laws do not allow RVs on lots, so we store in nearby covered storage.

Delaware has several RV communities on or close to beaches.

As mentioned, most areas do not allow you to just park and RV and live in it. Zoning and residential building codes require something more than an RV if outside of a designated campground. However, there are campgrounds on or near beaches, though usually not inexpensive. Nice beach property is in high demand and the price is commensurate. Especially in warmer climates that might offer near year-around use. A nice beach front RV lot in the Florida Keys probably runs $500k plus substantial annual maintenance fees to the community. I suspect you have something far less elegant in mind, though.

It is very possible to get your own RV lot right on a beautiful tropical beach...as long as you don't mind living in down in Baja California, Mexico.

Low prices, no taxes, and friendly happy people everywhere.

I was fortunate enough some years ago to buy 3 adjoining RV lots on Lake Havasu.  I cleared out the old junky RV's and made one nice large lot. There are lots of buys out there just look around. Oh yea, all my neighbors are cranky because I have lots of room on my "lot".

you might have to look for an old beatup ugly home on the beach. Maybe you can find someone getting rid of one after a hurricane.

Buy a lot in Lake Wales Fl. In 20 years, it will be ocean front.

If you buy a lot in Florida you may come home one day and find out your house is gone and you now own a sinkhole.

Back
Top Bottom