Night part of night-shade not opaque?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeworX

Hey folks - just wondering what others think: I ordered a day/night replacement blind from rvpartsnation.com. When they arrived and I installed them, the 'night' portion was not opaque at all. It let in just as much light as the day portion - see image.

The blinds are advertised on their site as opaque. When I complained, I was told that they 'never said they are 'black-out'. Seems to me they are playing word-games.

Should a night-shade not block out the light completely (like the original equipment)?

Attachments

• IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 50
I think it's reasonable to assume that "night" shades would be totally opaque, and "day" shades would be, to a certain degree, see-through. I wouldn't accept see-through night shades, nor would I accept the company's explanation as to why the shades they advertise as opaque, aren't.

Kev

It is somewhat a wordsmanship game, but the shade & blind industry distinguishes between day/night and what is called "room darkening" or "black-out" shades.  Further complicating things, different shade/blind manufacturers use different terms.

As long as they are not see-though, they are considered "night" or "opaque" or "semi-opaque"shades. You will see that difference in wording on websites and catalogs from blind manufacturers and often a warning about the difference, but not so much when buying through an RV store.

There is nothing unique about RV shades & blinds - you can buy them from any source. However, you want to make sure the ones you choose are resistant to high humidity and sun-fading. Some materials are suitable only for nicely air-conditioned homes.

Thanks for the replies.

They are not replying to me anymore so it looks like i'm stuck with them. Last purchase from them for sure.

You might try as a last email telling them that you are posting a Yelp review about your dissatisfaction with their product and lack of responsiveness.  Often companies are are more motivated to respond to a bad review of their products.

This is my only (and best) rv Board :) I wish I was on here more often but work-kids etc.

I just read rvpartsnation.com Returns page. I don't think I would place an order with them. Hope they step up and do the right thing for you.

Tom

After reading the OP's post, I found them on a BBB link and from the negative reviews, numerous complaints and the revoked BBB accreditation  and "F" rating, I would stay far away from them.

Yeah, not a great place to do business with, but the OP's primary complaint is with the product, not the store.  However, a more reputable seller would take the product back if not satisfied, though maybe charging a re-stocking fee. Bargain-priced internet stores are sometimes (often?) not so big an customer satisfaction.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom