Driver's Side Window Noise From Mirror

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roblaura

We have a 2012 Itasca Meridian 40U coach that has the driver's side compound mirror mounted next to the side window. The glass in the window is single pane. At speeds over 50 mph the wind noise coming off the mirror is very loud. I have tried changing the position of the mirror arm forward and rearward. Forward near the front corner produces is a continuous wind noise that increases with speed (65 mph on interstates). In the center and rearward positions there is variable wind noise that severely buffets the glass. This mirror position was only used by manufacturers for a few years, and I assume this is the reason. I was told the reason for the single pane glass is that drivers were not repairing fogged double-pane side glass, and then blaming the manufacturer when they had an accident. Has anyone found a strategy for reducing the wind noise from these mirrors?

It may not BE from the mirror,, it may be from the curvature of the "A" pillar and a sheet metal "defuser" may help>>>Dan

utahclaimjumper said:
It may not BE from the mirror,, it may be from the curvature of the "A" pillar and a sheet metal "defuser" may help>>>Dan

I have the same issue. Any pictures of said diffuser?

Yep, mine does the same thing.  I figured it was the nature of the beast, but if there is a fix, I'm open..............

Back
Top Bottom