No channels at all on King Jack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BroRobin

My daughter and s-i-l, TT has a King Jack antenna system. We cannot get any OTA channels at all. The coax comes directly through roof with no powered plate connection. There is a powered coax attachment that is to be added between roof coax and tv (this has a pan adapter that plugs into a 110 outlet). The King unit has a signal meter built into the directional antenna turner. This unit seems to have had some water intrusion and I?m wondering if the signal meter is shorted out and interrupting the signal from the antenna to the tv.
When we scan we get 0 channels found. It is as if there is no antenna attached at all.
Any useful advice will be appreciated, while smart, wisecracking is not needed.
Thanks in advance.

The proper layout is this

TV---Signal meter---Power source--- Antenna

The power source is often a wall plate.. it has a switch, LED, antenna connection and 12 volt outlet

IN ONE RV I helped with (2 actually one online) The wall plate was in a compartment either over or just forward of the entrance door. behind the wall wart that powers the signal meter, well hidden. 

But without it.. the antenna does not work.

First, make sure the tv scan is using the correct input for the OTA coax and that it is set for broadcast rather than cable tv. It's all-too-easy to miss one of those things and the results are no or few channels.

The King Jack manual shows a "power injector" that is required. You don't have one? And what is this 110v thing?  Could it be a digital converter rather than part of the antenna itself?  Digital converters are often 110v powered and are required for use with older analog tvs these days. If that converter is not powered or not working, you will get no signal through it.

https://kingconnect.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/KING-Jack-Directional-Over-the-air-Antenna-with-Mount-Signal-Meter-OA8500-Owners-Manual.pdf

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom