Typical travel problems?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobtop46

Checked 10 day and then 5 day forecast  before departing our work camping job for home.  Weather changes, in Colorado 1-3 inches expected and low of 20.  Lost the frig vent cover during 45 mph winds in Wyoming and developed an exhaust leak and the joint of the exhaust manifold and exhaust pipe.  Looking for place for a repair, very loud. 

Make sure that leaking exhaust doesn't set your coach on fire. Happend to a neighbor.

That is why we all have, {or should have}, a few thousand handy or a credit card when you travel in an rv. Anything can and will happen. We hit a piece of driveshaft on the highway at night last year. Blew a tranny about four years ago.The list goes on. Its the price we pay. Doesnt always happen, but best be prepared with spare time and cash for when it does. Cheers.

Weather changes are normal. 

10 & 5 day weather forecasts are pretty iffy.  They are a pretty good guess.  3 day forecasts are reasonably good.  I look at the 10 day, 5 day and 3 day, but I make decisions on the next days travel based on the 24-48 hour forecast.  I plan my travels being sure I know where lower elevations are located so I can stop for 2-5 days to wait out a winter storm.  I also want to be able to watch the local TV news every day so I can see the weather systems approaching. 

About the engine problems.  Do you have a Ford Chassis or the Workhorse (GM) chassis?  If you are looking for advice about the engine start a new topic and specify your chassis and problems.  You will get a lot more specific answers that way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom