Installing of a Proximity Alarm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeWolf

I have a Newmar 2000 DSDP. I parked one night in Walmart. Next day after I got on the road, I became aware that my diesel fuel was down about 30 gallons. (It was topped off the night before.)

My question: Is there a proximity alarm available to handle the bulk of an RV? I have talked to auto suppliers of proximity alarms and they claim nothing can handle the large vehicles.

If a proximity alarm is available, it must be able to handle the heavy mass of the vehicle, able to detect and alert me that someone is walking within several feet of the vehicle, and not be able to detect those of us that are sleeping within it.

Any thoughts out there?

Dave, 2000 DSDP and preparing to go full time.

https://www.amazon.com/URPOWER-LED-Wireless-Waterproof-Activated/dp/B012ZPKNFE/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1507582028&sr=8-12&keywords=motion+sensor+light

I think this is what I would use. A few of these placed around the outside of the RV would scare off anyone getting too close. The alarm would wake you and the neighbors, the lights bother no one but the thief.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
maybe a lock on the filler door or cap

I went to O'Reilly Auto Parts with my fuel cap, and they matched it with a locking Ford cap

Hi DeWolf,

Can you tell us which Walmart? Just curious...

Cheers,
--
  Vall

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom