Hydralic jacks leaking Power gear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had one Power Gear jack rebuilt this year. I removed it and took it to an hydraulic repair shop. I could have done it myself, but I couldn't open it up to access the seals inside. They charged me $200 Cad. and it was ready in two days. I tend to do all my mechanical maintenance, but in this case, it was probably a good idea to pay someone that knows what they are doing. I will do the same next time.
The shop also told me that in some model of jacks they are very difficult to open them up, but they have found a way to do them also. I don't know where you are located, so I won't mention the location of this shop. I am in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada.

Yeah, all the jacks on my coach are leaking at one time or another.  I called around Little Rock(I'm in Arkansas)and found several hydraulic shops that would rebuild the cylinders.  Charges are about $125/cyl, if I remove them from the coach and take them in.

Just google "hydraulic repair" in whatever city you're near.

As mentioned, if you can remove the cylinder then take it to a shop. They are not difficult to repack IF you have done it before. Some require a special pinned spanner wrench, some require a notched type wrench and some have various spiral rings or snap rings. Depending on the packing style some can be a real bear to work with and some use a "guide" sleeve for installing the seals.

Back
Top Bottom