Clogged heatig duct

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

binkleton

I just got the heater to work in my '99 Safari. Two vents have good output , but the one across the coach is putting out very little airflow. I think it may have an abandoned (I hope) mouse nest in it. Was able to shove a shop vac hose up to the bend where it disappears under the floor. Found the insulated duct underneath behind the propane tank. I'd be willing to cut the duct there , clean it with the vac as far as I can and then couple the duct back together. The problem is I'm not willing to drop the propane tank, and if I don't drop it I will need at least 2 elbows on each arm. (very restricted access). Is there a way to clear the duct that I'm not aware of? Thanks for any ideas

I would reverse a shop vac for a second it two, then hook it back up correctly to try and loosen the clog.

Those long slinky ducts are sometimes crimped or have so many bends that little air actually flows through them. And sometimes the outlet is plugged or closed (some have adjustable louvers that get broken). Can you get any sort of snake through it? Is it a metal or flexible type duct?  Fixed in place or just lying in a runway of some sort?

It's flexible duct. The only part of it I can see is about 3 feet just laying under the sofa and 2 90deg bends behind the propane tank. I'm a little afraid to try and snake it. I can almost guarantee a shredded chunk of duct in a place I can't get to.
  I will try the reverse vac approach It may make a mess but I can spend some time cleaning up after.

before you do more damage spend 16 bucks on amazon and take a look in the vent

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072179BTL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

link30240 said:
before you do more damage spend 16 bucks on amazon and take a look in the vent

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072179BTL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I agree with this idea. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom