Spartan Chassis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteveP1

Has anyone had any experience dealing with Spartan Chassis out of Michigan? I have a 2011 Tiffin Phaeton motorhome with a Spartan Chassis with a service date of August 2012 and have had nothing but problems with the DEF system which is a chassis component. My check engine light started coming on about a year ago.  First, the def injectors were cleaned, then replaced. The light kept coming on. After that, the SCR converter in the DEF system had to be replaced. It was an expensive and very time consuming but fortunately covered by warranty. Unfortunately, the light came on again. At that time, the DEF header had to be replaced. All in all, the RV was out of service for 3 1/2 months out of the last 12 months for these repairs. To add insult to injury, the last repair was 12 days out of warranty and Spartan has denied coverage even though this has been an ongoing problem for over a year. Cummins recommended I request a good will repair since it was only 12 days out especially considering the problems experienced. Spartan Customer service refused the request and I've been held responsible for the $2570 repair. Has anyone had a similar experience with Spartan or does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this problem? I had always been told Spartan was a superior chassis but I?ve have had nothing but problems with mine and Spartan?s customer service department has been nonexistent. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom