Central Florida RV sites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That covers a lot of territory, roughly from the top of Lake Okeechobee to  Ocala & Daytona.  There are numerous fishing-oriented campgrounds in and around the town of Okeechobee, on the lake and the inlet river/canal. Also along the Kissimmee area lakes, and at the big Istokpoga lake & canal at Lorida.  Mossy Cove is one.

Are you looking primarily for a fishing camp, or a nice campground that also has lake access. Will you have your own boat?

Westgate River Ranch outside of Lake Wales. Not a fish camp...on the nicer side. Have stayed there many times. Love it.

For a fish camp feel, there's Grape Hammock or Camp Mack's. Both are outside Lake Wales. Haven't stayed at either.

If you stay at a fish camp, you'll likely see a lot of FHP and
sherrifs.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
That covers a lot of territory, roughly from the top of Lake Okeechobee to  Ocala & Daytona.  There are numerous fishing-oriented campgrounds in and around the town of Okeechobee, on the lake and the inlet river/canal. Also along the Kissimmee area lakes, and at the big Istokpoga lake & canal at Lorida.  Mossy Cove is one.

Are you looking primarily for a fishing camp, or a nice campground that also has lake access. Will you have your own boat?
  Just a Kayak...Sit in.

I can think of two close by to us, The Floridian RV resort and Boggy Creek Resort.  Not a recommendation, I'm just throwing them out there. Both have some very bad reviews but much of it comes from deadbeat residents that have lost their spot and employees that didnt get the raises they thought they deserved. neither of them are as bad as the reviews.

They are in the Disney/Kissimmee/St.Cloud area and sit on East Lake Tohopekaliga

There is also a KOA on Lake Whippoorwill that I know nothing about other than it is there.

Florida has a very robust state park system. You can hardly drive 20 miles anywhere in the state without passing a state or county park. From my experience with several of them, they have all been good at the least and very good in some cases.

Note, there are many nice parks down here that are county-owned and/or run by the local county government. Many of these parks are not widely advertised and are not easily found with the usual Google searches. You have to check the local county websites to find them - look for their parks and recreation division.

A good example is Pioneer Park in Zolfo Springs Florida. Small town in Hardee county with a great park. Sits right on the Peace River, which is very good for fishing and fossil-hunting. Overnight and monthly rates are cheap. Facilities are nice and clean. You can find more info about them on the Hardee County website.

Good luck!

MikeG

Back
Top Bottom