Faucets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sam4msu

Are the faucets in my camper the same as normal house faucets?  I would like to change the kitchen and the bathroom vanity ones to nice units. Just want to make sure before I buy that as long as I get the right spread they will work.

I replaced my bathroom faucet in my MH, so I can't say for sure your camper (make and model?) will be the same.
I wanted a single handle unit and therefore all the hoses and drain rod go through one hole - Therefore I had to enlarge the hole in my counter
with a router.  The ends are usually smaller on home units so I had to adapt up to have them fit the hoses in my MH.

Doable but it usually will take some effort on your part the make sure you have all the stuff to make it work.

I also purchased shut off valves in the fittings I used - in case I ever had a problem or want to change them again etc.

We just did our kitchen faucet, was told hook ups would be the same and it?s much cheaper to buy a house one. Well, hook ups/fittings were quite different, instead of buying adapters and to save us a headache we exchanged it for an rv one for about $30 more.

RV faucets are the same as household, only way cheaper.

Household in kitchen and bath and dont really remember any issues.

I just changed the kitchen sink faucet last weekend with a residential style faucet.....easy to change out, other than somewhat limited space compared to the house sink.  No difference at all and was done in about 1/2 hour.

They are the same, but there are several sizes (spacing of the faucets) and many different fittings for connection to the water lines. If you've ever swapped out some house faucet sets, you probably already know this.

Sam4msu said:
Are the faucets in my camper the same as normal house faucets?

Two answers: For your purposes YES they are the same. or nearly so.. More on that later

Second asnwer: Often of lesser quality as in "Knock off" quality instead of Genuine _Brand_.

The promised "more"

*I have run into only one issue changing faucets, this was on the kitchen which was a DELTA knock off and I replaced with a different brand.

Both are single handle.. Pull out sprayer types (the faucet head is also the sprayer)

On the OEM the cold and HOT pipes you connect to were the same length

On the Replacement one pipe was longer than the other.. So I had to use a flex hose to connect.

other than that no difference worth talking about, .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom