Shower partitions in sunova 26p

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hut2go

Hi all, we have a 2006 sunova 26p and are going to put down allure flooring. In this model, there will be a lot of cuts to make. We would like to undercut the partitions in the hall on either side of the shower but don't know what they are made of. Does anyone know?

One thing to note with the flooring material: Any wood based floating floor material would be a mistake, use a plastic based one. The humidity in around a motor home or trailer will likely cause future problems, warping the joints etc. (Don't ask how I know!!)

The partitions in the few motor homes and trailers I have examined are hollow luan plywood panels, (very thin wood, like a closet door in a sticks and bricks home), and often covered with a plastic-like wall paper. May or may not have wood framing on the top/bottom edge like that door has.

Alfa38User said:
...The partitions in the few motor homes and trailers I have examined are hollow luan plywood panels, (very thin wood, like a closet door in a sticks and bricks home), and often covered with a plastic-like wall paper. May or may not have wood framing on the top/bottom edge like that door has.
That's basically the composition of our walls, I suspect the OP has something similar.

I tried to post a photo but could not due to low memory, but the partitions are one inch thick with the luan wallpapered panels on both sides. They protrude from the shower about 3 inches into the hallway between the living area and bedroom. We are hoping on installing our luxury vinyl plank tomorrow.

HI ~~  I would not undercut mine ...weight bearing??... Replacing under the slide out also ??  JM2?  YMMV  K

Back
Top Bottom