recreation.gov reservations availability refresh rate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blw2

How often does recreation.gov reservations refresh?
I'm trying to make some campsite reservations to a place that is fully booked. 
So I want to keep checking back to hopefully see a cancellation opening that i can grab.
Does the site refresh live 24/7, or do I need to check back at say for example noon eastern time?
I'm guessing it's just live so it'll be more luck of the draw.....but I thought I'd ask.....

This is for tent camping actually, but I figured my friends here would know!

It's live. And there are people out there with bots that grab openings as fast as they come up. Same thing happens on reserveamerica.com. But keep trying, you might get lucky.

Brad - Are you or anyone in your group eligible for an Access Pass, which is given free to anyone with any type of disability? If so there are always disabled spots that are kept open for anyone with a disability. The sites are just normal sites but they are set aside for disabled people because of the ADA.

Actually, many of the parks that use recreation.gov include the ADA sites in the reservable pool. And you need a handicap placard or plates to use those sites, not the Access card. You can get an Access card without having a H/C placard. But anyone eligible for the Access card should certainly get one.

Wendy said:
Actually, many of the parks that use recreation.gov include the ADA sites in the reservable pool. And you need a handicap placard or plates to use those sites, not the Access card. You can get an Access card without having a H/C placard. But anyone eligible for the Access card should certainly get one.
Yes they are in the reservable pool but the only way you can sign up for them online is with an Access Card. And when you do a normal search they will not show up. It is only after you have given you Access number will you be able to see these sites and sign up for them. I have used those sites without a placard or plates only my Access card.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom