Toad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danford50

I have a 2013 Honda Civic, what do I have to do to it to get it ready to be able to tow it behind my camper, I know I have to tow it on a tow dolly.

Then what you need is the dolly and a brake controller on the coach for the dolly brakes (yes, it needs brakes). The Civic itself doesn't need anything.

As an alternative to an electric brake controller, get a dolly with surge-type brakes instead of electric.

Are you sure your Civic cannot be towed. Am certain I have seen base plates for civics.

billwild said:
Are you sure your Civic cannot be towed. Am certain I have seen base plates for civics.

The existence of a base plate does not in any way mean that a vehicle can be towed without problems.  Some people are more willing to take chances with their vehicles than are others.

Remco Towing a very reputable company that maintains an excellent website which provides information about which vehicles are towable and what modifications might be used to make them towable.  Unfortunately, Remco says that the 2013 Civic must be towed on a dolly regardless of engine or transmission. http://www.remcoindustries.com/Towing/Store.php

I also have a 2015 f150, I seen a lot of full size pick up being tow behind motorhome, I was under the impression that pick up could not be tow unless it was a 4x4, my truck is a srw vehicle, can it be tow? and were can I find a Manuel online to find out that information.

Not even all 4WD pickups can be towed. They also have to be able to put the transfer case in neutral, which my 2007 F-150 Lariat cannot do (electronic engagement of 4WD mode -- HI, LOW, no neutral).

Google found a 2015 F-150 manual very quickly. Page 269 covers towing, including 4 down. It says 2WD cannot be towed.

However, you might check the Remco web site to see if they have a product that would allow yours to be towed.

The newer Ford 4x4s are pretty cool, you run through a sequence on the transfer case switch and it lights up on the dash as towable (transfer case disengaged). 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom