Pets on the road

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boonieman

Does anybody else not like taking their pets with them while traveling? We have three dogs, Moo, Molly, and Mia. Moo is a black lab and her real name is Minnehaha. But when she was young she ate like a pig and her belly would swell and I told her she looked like a moo cow. So she became Minniemoo, or moo for short. I got her from a box of puppies that was dumped along an interstate. She is 11 now and a fabulous companion. Molly is a mixed breed that I thought was a black lab when she was young, but she looks more like a black German Shepherd since she matured. She came from a parking lot at a Tractor Supply parking lot where she was also dumped. Mia, was a chocolate lab puppy that was getting ready to get euthanized at a local shelter. She had a damaged eye and we had to have her bad eye removed and spayed. I agreed to be a foster for her until we found a good home for her, but I became attached to her and you know the rest of the story, she?s still here. We live in the middle of the woods and they have a good life. On rare occasions we have to board them and not let them go. The whole time I wonder how the dogs are, and it really takes away from the enjoyment of the trip. Am I a weirdo or what??

Take em!  Out most recent reacue goes crazy if we get reafy to go.  He ie qctually wild!  Hut once in the car or truck he settles right down and one harldy knows he is there.  He absolutely LOVES car rides no matter what.  I cant pathom not taking hin.

Yeah, they think so too. We have a floored screen tent we put them in at campgrounds. They love just laying there watching the neighbors. We usually go to Sturgis every year, and they don?t like all the motorcycles, so they don?t get to go. Other than that, we take them.
Of course, they always want to get in the bed with us which gets a little crowded. Something I NEVER in my life I thought I would allow. Certain times tho they get booted out. ?

We had 3 kids and now have 3 dogs. Real characters but they do great while traveling.

My husband says we got an rv for the dog.  Funny, I thought we got it because I wanted one!

I worry about leaving her in the RV way more than I worry about her at home.  She settles down at home.  Barks when left in the rv.  I don't know why.

Our dogs have all liked camping with us, and our last dog really liked traveling in the motorhome with us. We did board her a couple of times when we needed to take car trips for a few days due to time constraints. And like Boonieman, we wondered how she was doing the whole time we were gone even when the boarding kennel gave us access to an online camera that let us see her in her run anytime we wanted to. She never barked in the motorhome unless someone knocked on the door or banged on the sides. We really miss her...

No matter how much i would like to leave the dogs home, there is no way in h#ll that my wife would allow that to happen. Two small dogs camping is better than the wife worrying and missing them. They adapt to camping life and would much rather be with us than at home or some boarding place.

skeeter

My wife was the same way especially with the little poodle she had since a pup. Millie the shih- tzu hates being separated from me but starts shaking every time we get in the truck. I am trying to get her used to it, may try a mild sedative.

Roy M said:
starts shaking every time we get in the truck. I am trying to get her used to it, may try a mild sedative.

You might want to try a ThunderShirt. One of our dogs has pretty extreme thunder and fireworks anxiety and this helps, makes them feel as if they?re being cuddled tightly.

Back
Top Bottom