Savannah, GA Nov-Dec 2017 places to stay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SMR

HI- we are looking for suggestions on where to stay near Savannah. looking to be there a month during Nov-Dec (not set on dates yet so we can be flexible)

thanks

We stayed north of Savannah in Hardeeville at Camp Jasper Lake RV Resort. 22 miles to the Visitor center in Savannah.

We've stayed at Red Gate, which is reasonable close to the downtown attractions, and out at Skidaway Island State Park, which is more of a "camp" atmosphere among tall trees and nearer the ocean. Either one is a good choice.

Have also stayed overnight at Camp Jasper that Ken & Sheila suggested and that's a good spot too, but not all that convenient for the Savannah area sights.

Rivers End on Tybee Island is expensive and crowded. But it's on Tybee! Stayed there twice in the last 3 years.

Skidaway Island State Park is about 20 minutes from downtown Savannah, 30 from Tybee. Nice campsites. More spread out.

I was at SISP for the 4th of July. Liked it so much I made reservations for this Christmas to New Year before leaving.

Staying a month might be a problem. I think state parks have a 14 day limit. Private parks like Red Gate would be better for that.

thanks for the replies- I will check them out. so far the parks I have called are full due to workers in the area.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom