Precautions in below freezing temperatures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Richard Guess

I'm going to be staying in my travel trailer in an area with night time freezing temperatures.  What should I do with the water supply to avoid damage?

Unless you have an enclosed, heated underbelly you can't use the water system and it would need to be drained and winterized.  If you have a heated system, then you would fill the water tank and disconnect the hose from the hydrant.  The waste water system needs to be protected as well, if the drain valves are exposed to freezing temperatures, then it can't be used.

Depends.  If the overnights temps. are going to be mid to upper 20's (or warmer) and daytime far above freezing I don't concern myself one bit.  Especially if you have hookups, you will have dependable heat.  You may want to unhook you waterline (hose) overnight if it dips down to the lower end. If it's much colder then that and cold during the day you should drain your lines or flush them with RV anti-freeze.

Thank you.  Very helpful response.  Daytime temps in the 60s.  Night time temps high 20s, low 30s.

Gods Country said:
I would be fine with that.  Wouldn't concern me at all.
Agreed - though note GC's earlier caution to disconnect and drain water hose.  Otherwise in the morning, at worst something is broken (for me, my pressure regulator gauge), and at best your water hose is filled with ice and unusable for a few hours.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom