New to TT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

burgawpm

Hi folks,
My wife and I are in the process of selling our business and then want to hit the road.
We are looking at TT's for us and the dog. The most important as far as floorplan is, open floorplan with king bed and nice size bath. I think we have narrowed it down to these.
Keystone Cougar 24RBS, Cruiser MPG 2250RB, Cruiser Embrace R-23B.
Are there others in this size that have king beds? Your thoughts and suggestions are appreciated

Hi, and welcome.

Is this for long term or fulltime travel?  I don't think any unit that short can have a king bed plus a "nice size bath", but maybe your standards are different than mine. A king bed uses up 8 ft of length, and a decent bath/shower another 4-5 ft, so not much left in between. I'll grant the Cruiser 2250 looks spacious, though. Have you been in one?

As Gary said, how do you plan to use it?  What may work for one or two week trips may get awfully small after a month or two.
Around here, Floor Plan is the most important consideration, so you are off to a good start.
Find one of each of these models and spend 3 or 4 hours in it.  Are the seats comfortable for reading or watching TV in the evening?  Pretend to cook a nice meal.  Is there enough countertop space?  Is the kitchen cramped?  Lay on the bed.  Often mattresses get replaced, but is it big enough?  Is there enough room around the bed?  A place for your glasses or a clock?  Pretend to shower.  Do you bump your elbows? Head?  Is there enough room around the commode to be comfortable?

Why new?  Gently used have many advantages other than price.  There WILL be things that need fixed under warranty.  Trips back to the dealer, where the camper may sit for weeks or more waiting for "parts".  Let the first owner take care of that!  If you live camping and want to upgrade in a year or two, it is much less painful when trading a pre owned unit.

Ask lots of questions.  We are here to help!

Back
Top Bottom