anyone have an arctic wolf fithwheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lastshotrock

we are looking to buy a bunk house fithwheel for the family and saw these i can not find much information on the quality and how they are built if anyone can give me some insite that would be much appreciated thank you

Hello LastShotRock,

Welcome to the forum!

(Presuming you really mean Arctic Wolf by Forest River and not Arctic Fox by Northwood)

I had never heard about Arctic Wolf until now, but a little googling brought up that they are a new line, being manufactured by Forest River as an "evolution" (rebranding?) of their Cherokee line (which I had heard about).

I don't know anything specific about that line (and suspect you won't find much info on it, as they are relatively new), but I'd be wary of Forest River: when I researched them some time ago, they didn't have a great reputation quality-wise.

Cheers,
--
  Vall.

Forrest River is know for building allot of RVs.  They are not know for building quality RVs

Arctic Wolf is a base model.

Bunk models are built to fit a family budget. Manufactures know that quite often families are first time buyers with little experiences on what to look for.

Things that catch my eye:

The fridge will not run for long on the batteries. The trailer needs to be plugged in to keep the fridge running or allot of solar (min $3000) and a large ($1000) battery bank is needed.

The carrying capacity is low. Once the water is subtracted from the CC (8.3lbs/gal) the CC is not much.  Our family of 4 +90ld dog will take (not including water) between 1500lbs-
2000lbs of food clothing generator bikes.

Pin weight are estimates.  Once the water and gear is added the pin weight may increase 1000lbs.  This may be too much if there is gear and more than 1 person in the truck. 

Don't know why they would build a trailer with a FW tank that is 1/2 the volume of the black and grey tanks.

A Revolution hitch moves the pivot point behind the rear axle of the truck. This can increase trailer sway if the torque on the pinbox pivot bolts are not checked on a regular basis.

...towing a 9,000lb (sail) with a 1/2 ton is another discussion

Sounds like Forest River is just trying to ride the coattails of the fine reputation earned by Northwood's Arctic Fox.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom