Windshiled Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mer@maine

I have a 1996 National Sea Breeze 129.  Recently had to have the passenger side windshield replaced.  All of the glass ordered and returned by the glass company were between 1/8 & 1/4 inch larger than the original windshield.  The insurance company finally urged them to finish the job after several pieces from various vendors had been returned and the final glass was installed (even though it still did not match the size of the original windshield perfectly) it stress cracked as soon as they backed it out of the garage and so now I have a new windshield with a huge crack top to bottom.  Would like to sell or trade this rig for something a little smaller but can't do anything until I find a clean windshield that fits.  Just starting to research this. Any suggestions?

The glass co that was doing the installation went through several different vendors.

Yes, that's what the glass company told me that they did but the one they wound up installing still stress cracked when they moved it.  The vendor (name escapes me at the moment) said they wouldn't stand behind the windshield once it was altered. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom