Looking for a 30F class A with lots of countertop space

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WILDEBILL308 said:
Hear is one that is a steal and would be perfect for you.
https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/used-rvs-for-sale/diesel-motorhomes/2005-fleetwood-bounder_rv-36422
Bill
You are hung up on a short coach and you can't/won't be able to tell the difference when driving between a 30 ft. and 38 ft. How ever there is a world of difference in usable space.
I linked to the coach above because I have this exact coach except my coach is an 03 not an 05.
If you need recliners it is easy to pull the couch or loveseat out and add them.
The other thing to note this coach is cheaper than the one you posted about by nearly 1/2.
Bill

Charlie 5320 said:
Width, height, and weight does affect fuel mileage. I went to a taller, wider, heavier coach with the one I have now and noticed a drop in fuel economy.
And how were you able to decide that the length and weight had anything to do with the gas mileage change?

WILDEBILL308 said:
Hear is one that is a steal and would be perfect for you.
https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/used-rvs-for-sale/diesel-motorhomes/2005-fleetwood-bounder_rv-36422
Bill
Good choice Bill, it has about as much counter space as you will ever find in an RV. :))

SeilerBird said:
Good choice Bill, it has about as much counter space as you will ever find in an RV. :))
One of the great things about this model is the duel slides in the front. When the slides in you can still get to everything this is important if you are just stopping for lunch or taking a break. With the slides out you have a lot of space, more than some apartments I have ben in.
Bill

SeilerBird said:
And how were you able to decide that the length and weight had anything to do with the gas mileage change?
Never said length had anything to do with fuel mileage. However, every vehicle I have ever owned got poorer fuel mileage when loaded, so I assumed that this coach that weighs 4000 lbs more than my last one is part of the reason it gets poorer fuel mileage. Weight DOES have an affect on fuel mileage, whether you think it does or not. 

Charlie 5320 said:
Weight DOES have an affect on fuel mileage

Wish this wasn't true but it is. Just swapped toads and am now pulling one that weighs about 1000# more (haven't weighed it yet numbers). Huge difference in how it feels behind the coach, and a big hit on performance (hill climbs are even more... leisurely ::) ). And based on preliminary results from a 3000 trip looks like we're down a solid 6% to as much as 10% on MPG.

And I'll bet that truck has a higher coefficient of drag and likely more frontal area than the previous toad. Weight does matter, particularly when climbing hills, but drag is still the dominant factor!

Ernie

Ernie n Tara said:
And I'll bet that truck has a higher coefficient of drag and likely more frontal area than the previous toad. Weight does matter, particularly when climbing hills, but drag is still the dominant factor!

Drag is certainly a big deal but I?m thinking it?s mostly about weight in my case (with regard to the bigger toad) as the truck sits right behind the coach and isn?t pushing much air

Weight is a major factor in going uphill, but also in acceleration, when it comes to fuel usage. So yes, there'd be some mileage reduction from that extra weight, though overall the drag (primarily the frontal area of the motorhome) is still the largest factor (drag increases with the square of the speed increase) for mileage.

From your rv dealer? As an upgrade? That's interesting. Any link that I could check?

We certainly would love a molded-in sink... Was that an upgrade too?

Unfortunately these were all factory modifications at the old pre-bankruptcy Monaco so may not be do-able these days.  We ordered everything via the dealer and Monaco had pre-agreed to the changes.  As others have mentioned it's possible to swap for after-market changes.  Some people have decided to keep their older motorhomes and modify them instead, including new counters, sofas, etc.

What's really the most important is finding a floor plan you like with most of the features you like or want.  If there are too many negatives then keep looking.  By the way, I'm a 70s female with husband and I love driving our 40-foot motorhome plus Jeep Grand Cherokee.  There's not much difference between driving a 30 footer and a 34 footer.

ArdraF

Exactly spending $1,500 on a dual recliner sofa to replace the old jack knife sofa, and $1,800 a flat panel TV lift cabinet with 50 inch tv is a lot cheaper than $140,000 on a new coach.

Back
Top Bottom