Leveling Jack Alert Goes Off While Driving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeG2331

The leveling jacks alert on our 2017 Winnebago SunStar go off when we hit a small bump, even at slow speeds. The first few times this happened I would pull over and check the jacks and they all seem locked and secure. Most of the time, the alert goes off before I even get the chance to pull over.

Is there a bad sensor or something I should be looking to get replaced? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Yes, same thing on our 2015 Sightseer,

I just turn it off as it is a nuisance. I'm taking it in for warranty next month for other issues and it will be on the list of issues.

If you have the Power Gear hydraulic jack system, low fluid in the reservoir will do that (that's where the up sensor is). Other systems may have a sensor at each jack itself, in which case it is a mal-adjusted sensor.

Our friend had this issue with HWH levelers on his 2016 Winnebago View.  Turned out it was a bad install of a ground wire; it was on a painted surface so the contact was poor.  May not be your issue but another thing to check.

MikeG2331 said:
The leveling jacks alert on our 2017 Winnebago SunStar go off when we hit a small bump, even at slow speeds.

MikeG2331
I suspect the fluid in your leveling jack reservoir is low.

I just found my pump (under the stairs).  I assume it should be close to full with jacks retracted?

With the fluid level full, and if the problem still persists, then I would suspect the solenoid for that jack is faulty, and needs replaced.

Just got my Winnebago Sunstar, took it in for some minor fixes, on the way the jack alarm went off after a small bump also, moved over and checked, all appeared to be up. So, cancelled the alarm and had the dealer check it out.  They reported that they found some bubbles in the lines, worked the jacks a number of times and the bubbles were minimized, they said that the tank had good fluid levels. So, they recommended that I work the jacks 3 or 4 times when I got back to the park. No issues on the way back, so, we'll see how they react down the road, so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom