2012ish Winnebago View 24G/24M owner comments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Back2PA

I have a neighbor considering the purchase of his first RV. He has been doing research for nearly a year as to what will fit in their driveway, the types of campgrounds they'd like to visit, desire for good mileage, etc, and has arrived at the 24G as a top contender (I'm thinking he might also consider the 24M which has way more living space but you do have to climb into the overhead bed which, having owned a Class C previously, I realize is a big deal).

He's been picking my brain re RVs, and is probably about 3 months from purchase. I told him I would also do some research for him and so the question: for you View owners who have had these specific models (or very close) what did you like and dislike about this unit?

Specifically with regard to the 24M he was concerned about 1) structural integrity (and any other issues) with the long slide 2) wind noise and fuel economy differences with the over-cockpit ?bubble? 3) overhead bubble blocking the view

Thanks.

Have him join the Yahoo Groups View-Navion user group and ask all the questions he wants to.  The M is not made anymore but some used ones are avail. Most owners will make a bed of the couch but of course that requires daily bed take down and setup. The G needs to have a slide out for the bed to work - in inclement extreme weather conditions that may not be a good option.  The V offers twin beds without the need of a slide and the middle section can be slid out to make a larger bed.  The J has a corner bed but the bathroom is extremely small.  Lots of tradeoffs and he needs to think about how he will use an rv and then spend a LOT of time in each model.  The bigger issue is the Mercedes Sprinter chassis which can be difficult and expensive.  Experiences are all over the board with that but he needs to understand that you cannot just pop into a diesel shop for repairs as many issues are unique to Mercedes - so having a qualified Sprinter dealer within reasonable driving distance is a must.  Most rv dealers can handle the Winnebago aspect of the coach but not the Mercedes Sprinter aspect.  That being said we have been very happy with our 17 J model and just finished a 9500 mile trip to eastern Canada with no issues except the faulty propane regulator (unfortunately a very common issue).  If he decides on a model I would recommend a used one that has solar panels installed and perhaps even the HWH leveling system.  If he will do any dry camping solar is really a must and a Trik L Start for the Chassis battery.  But again definitely have him join the free Yahoo View-Navion user group and ask all the questions he wants to.  Lots of long time owners as well as newer owners that will freely give him their honest opinions. 

Back
Top Bottom