Magnetic attached backup camera problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DC8Captain

I recently purchased a backup camera for help hooking up my TT. It attaches to the rear hatch back tail gate of my 2002 Suburban and I take it off when done hooking up. The problem it it doesn't stick to the tail gate. The magnets stick fine to every other metal surface of the vehicle. The only two causes I can come up with is the tail gate is mostly auto body bondo or it's made out of aluminum. I have a small magnet I used to check all over the tail gate and the magnet doesn't stick anywhere including around where the window meets the metal. Can't be a bondo issue. I called my local repair shop with no luck and then called the Chevy dealership. The dealership said my tailgate is made out of steel and all 3d party aftermarket parts are made out of steel too. So why would the magnets not stick on the tail gate but stick all over the rest of the vehicle?

I just did a quick search and found a Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban forum where they talk about it - they say from 2000 to 2006 the gates were steel framed with aluminum skin. Who knew?

WOW! - Thanks for the info and taking the time to find the answer. I did do a web search but didn't go to any Chevy forums.

Thanks again,

Dale

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom