Truck with 5th wheel hitch rental

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleake

Long story short, my truck broke down and we have a camping trip coming up this weekend.  Does anyone know of places that rent a 3/4 or 1 ton truck with a 5th wheel hitch (or at least rails so I can use my hitch)?  I've looked all over and can't find anyone that does this.  I'm glad I was only 60 miles from home when it broke down.  Got both towed home, but if I was farther it would be nearly impossible to have gotten my camper home.  Surely there is somewhere that rents a pickup with hitch for this purpose.

Never heard of anyplace.  Cancel the reservation and wait.

I would like to, but we have several friends going and there is a couple of events going on that I would like to attend.  If we don't find something, we may end up tenting it.  The wife will love that!  lol

It would help if you posted where you're at. I know if you were near me, I would be willing to move it for you. Maybe there's a member near you.
Go into your profile and create a signature of your self telling us a little bit about you.

I appreciate that. I'll update my profile, but I'm located near Tulsa, OK and making a trip over near Fort Smith, AR.

kleake said:
I appreciate that. I'll update my profile, but I'm located near Tulsa, OK and making a trip over near Fort Smith, AR.

Better pack up the tent. Looks like it's almost a 2 hour drive.

Lol, that's what I'm thinking.  Tossing around the idea of renting a class C, but that ain't cheap! 

Hello Kleake,

I researched that about 2yr ago and at the time Enterprise did rent 3/4-ton and 1-ton pickup trucks; not sure about the hitch, but you could call and inquire.

Cheers,
--
  Vall.

I don't know of any rentals that would allow the customer to tow due to insurance and liability issues. Can just imagine what some guys would try. ::)

VallAndMo said:
Hello Kleake,

I researched that about 2yr ago and at the time Enterprise did rent 3/4-ton and 1-ton pickup trucks; not sure about the hitch, but you could call and inquire.

Cheers,
--
  Vall.

Already did and they don't allow towing at all on the car site.  At a truck location you can do light towing with a 3/4 ton but nothing with a 5th wheel.  I did find one place today that will let you tow a 5th wheel with a 1 ton, but the weight limit is 8K or less which would only fit my little utility trailer for camping.  Still tossing around ideas, but it's not looking good.

Check with your local RV dealer(s).  They usually have someone with a pickup who moves their inventory around, you might be able to hire him to pick up and deliver your trailer to the campground for the weekend.

Or do any of your friends have a truck with a hitch?  Since it's only a couple of hours away maybe you could convince one of them to run over to Tulsa and get yours (or let you borrow their truck) after they get their own trailer set up.

No chance of getting your truck fixed by this weekend?

Can you borrow a smaller truck and rent a travel trailer? It would probably be less expensive than the Class C rental. Here in Utah we can rent vans and pickups (up to 1 ton dualies!) with hitches from a place called "Rugged Rentals."  I know Rugged Rentals is only in Utah, but do you have anything similar in your area?

Lou Schneider said:
Check with your local RV dealer(s).  They usually have someone with a pickup who moves their inventory around, you might be able to hire him to pick up and deliver your trailer to the campground for the weekend.
Or do any of your friends have a truck with a hitch?  Since it's only a couple of hours away maybe you could convince one of them to run over to Tulsa and get yours (or let you borrow their truck) after they get their own trailer set up.
No chance of getting your truck fixed by this weekend?

I've called every dealer around that I know of, none have a truck they will rent out or have anyone willing to move it for me.  As for friends with a truck, all my local buddies sold their camper setups and none even have a 3/4 ton or bigger.  A few friends will be at the campground, but that would be a 6hr round trip to get it over there and 6hrs again getting it back, pretty much eating up a LOT of time.
No chance of getting mine fixed that quick, I'm pretty sure I have a cracked piston that is going to require a complete teardown.

UTTransplant said:
Can you borrow a smaller truck and rent a travel trailer? It would probably be less expensive than the Class C rental. Here in Utah we can rent vans and pickups (up to 1 ton dualies!) with hitches from a place called "Rugged Rentals."  I know Rugged Rentals is only in Utah, but do you have anything similar in your area?
I've thought about that, but haven't found one any cheaper.  I can get a class C for $180/night  I'll dig a little deeper in this though, that might be an option if the prices are close.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom