EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Allison 1000 Transmission Problem: Code "No J3619 activity"  (Read 137 times)

geotraveler

Allison 1000 Transmission Problem: Code "No J3619 activity"
« on: October 17, 2017, 03:51:10 PM »
I have a 2008 Safari Trek with an Allison 1000 transmission (Workhorse). I hit a rough patch on I-75 that shook the coach up a bit. The RV felt like it went into neutral. The code "No J3619 activity" appeared as well as "TCM". The coach slowed down and I immediately pulled over and stopped. I heard no sounds from the transmission. I checked the transmission fluid and it was fine. There was no burning smell. I had the RV towed to my service center but they are having trouble diagnosing the problem. I asked at a transmission repair shop but the head mechanic suspected it was not a transmission issue but a wiring disconnection.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the issue? Again, it was caused by shaking of the chassis. Thanks.

George

QZ

• ---
Re: Allison 1000 Transmission Problem: Code "No J3619 activity"
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 04:22:57 PM »
As with many electrical or mechanical problem do a visual inspection. I would look at all the connectors and pull them apart and inspect and reinstall. At that age even thought they are weather packs or Deutch connectors giving the pins a fresh bite may help. Also check all the grounds and look closely for corrosion that may have creep up under the insulation.

It's also worth resetting the fuses for a fresh bite. There should be a list or map on the power center cover of what all the fuses do. I use electrical grease on most connectors but do not put a lot of grease in sealed connectors or you can push the seal rings out.

Hosted by Over The Network