Allison 1000 Transmission Problem: Code "No J3619 activity"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geotraveler

I have a 2008 Safari Trek with an Allison 1000 transmission (Workhorse). I hit a rough patch on I-75 that shook the coach up a bit. The RV felt like it went into neutral. The code "No J3619 activity" appeared as well as "TCM". The coach slowed down and I immediately pulled over and stopped. I heard no sounds from the transmission. I checked the transmission fluid and it was fine. There was no burning smell. I had the RV towed to my service center but they are having trouble diagnosing the problem. I asked at a transmission repair shop but the head mechanic suspected it was not a transmission issue but a wiring disconnection.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the issue? Again, it was caused by shaking of the chassis. Thanks.

George

As with many electrical or mechanical problem do a visual inspection. I would look at all the connectors and pull them apart and inspect and reinstall. At that age even thought they are weather packs or Deutch connectors giving the pins a fresh bite may help. Also check all the grounds and look closely for corrosion that may have creep up under the insulation.

It's also worth resetting the fuses for a fresh bite. There should be a list or map on the power center cover of what all the fuses do. I use electrical grease on most connectors but do not put a lot of grease in sealed connectors or you can push the seal rings out.

Back
Top Bottom