Exhaust Vent for Range Hood Missing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butchiiii

Hi Folks,
We just got back from a short trip out in the TT. I was going thru all of the systems to
make sure that I had info on all of them. I had noticed on past trips that the range hood
didn't seem to exhaust heat very well. So this trip I discovered why. The hood is not vented
to the outside. It spills out of the sides of the fan box into the interior of the trailers.
Question is this a factory mfg defect?  I thought that the code called for a outside vent to
be present. Can one be put in thru the side wall of the trailer as I'm sure that the factory
will not remedy this problem. Thanks in advance for your help.

Butch

I don't know if it's required by code but I know that there are many homes with hoods which are not vented outside. The fumes go thru a charcoal filter to get rid of the smells. Maybe that's what you have.
What year is your Passport? You should add that to your signature.

You will need to get inside the vent hood and rearrange where the fan blows to get it to blow out a hole in the wall.  I thought about doing that on one RV we had, but I figured it was going to be pretty difficult to change where the fan blows to.  I have to admit I didn't spend a lot of time looking to see just how to make the change. 

I suspect it is working as designed, but not how YOU OR I would have designed it.  You can use the ceiling vent to remove some of that heat if you wish.

We have a Jayco, and the range vent has a flap on the outside that snaps shut rather firmly for transport, or bad weather. You might check to see if you have something similar. Ours will not vent unless you manually open it. Also be sure to close it while driving or storing to keep the weather and critters out.

John

Thanks folks. Just wanted to see if anyone else had had this problem. I think that I'll
go ahead and install a side wall vent with a flap. Looks pretty easy to duct the fan
out of the back of the hood to the outside. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom