Camping World Claim

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill N said:
If any of you are baseball fans you will know that the league championships underway are being sponsored by Camping World (signs plastered on nearly every inch of the fences).  But I think they may be unfamiliar with the truth - or at least showing the ability to stretch it - when they announce that Camping World is the #1 Retailer of RVs SINCE 1966.  Do a little wikipedia search and you will see that is when the company was formed in a small store in Kentucky (IIRC).  I bought my first travel trailer in 1965 and joined Good Sam as a charter member in 1966 but it was many years before I ever heard of Camping World.  But who is to dispute some of the claims of Marcus Lemonis? Afterall business is business and shading the truth is part of it I guess.

Your disdain for Mr. Lemonis is is palpable.

Oldgator73 said:
Your disdain for Mr. Lemonis is is palpable.
My disdain for lies is palpable.  My degrees are all in business related areas and though they were 'back in the day' I don't recall any course where I was taught to lie through your teeth to sell a product.  I know it is done on a daily basis but Mr Lemonis is only one small example of it.  I realize that it is the advertising agency that creates the tag lines but the buck has to stop at the top and Marcus loves to tell us he IS the top.......lol

I do a lot of business with Amazon yet it is owned by a person who I think makes Marcus look like the second coming of Christ.  Sometimes you just have to close your eyes and buy where it is best for you.

We have a vote of what any business does....whether it's Camping World or the NFL.

Vote with your wallet.

Bill N said:
I do a lot of business with Amazon yet it is owned by a person who I think makes Marcus look like the second coming of Christ. 

And he's worth 90 billion. Richer than Bill Gates

Rene T said:

That guy that raised the price of the AIDs drug by 5k % is a wealthy guy too.

He also had an MBA.

TonyDtorch said:

He had an MBA.

At least with Camping World and Amazon their businesses are controlled by the laws of supply and demand.

Rene T said:

For 2017 Gates is #1 with $89b and Bezos (Amazon) is at #3 with $72b.

TonyDtorch said:

He also had an MBA.

There's a butt load of rich people. Bill Gates and Warren Buffet give more money away every year than some small countries entire budgets. Oprah Winfrey and donald trump are tied in the money department at just a little over $3b each. Winfrey also gives quite a bit away. I just read that a NFL lineman has given his entire season paycheck, a little over $2m, to charities for under privileged youth college funds. Last year Colin Kaepernick gave a million dollars to several charities. It's nice to hear about folks that have money that use some of it to help others.

Oldgator73 said:
There's a butt load of rich people. Bill Gates and Warren Buffet give more money away every year than some small countries entire budgets. Oprah Winfrey and donald trump are tied in the money department at just a little over $3b each. Winfrey also gives quite a bit away. I just read that a NFL lineman has given his entire season paycheck, a little over $2m, to charities for under privileged youth college funds. Last year Colin Kaepernick gave a million dollars to several charities. It's nice to hear about folks that have money that use some of it to help others.

I agree.  It is my observation that there are two types of people when it comes to money.  Those that see money as a utility for the things that can be done with it, and those that see money  as an end unto itself.  It appears that that they worship money, and therefore money is their god, but as the Bible says in I believe 1Timothy 6-10.  "For the love on money is the root of all evil."

Well, I'll never set foot in a Camping World again, unless it is the absolute last resort for getting something that I cannot make do without.

LarsMac said:
Well, I'll never set foot in a Camping World again, unless it is the absolute last resort for getting something that I cannot make do without.

That's what's great about the free market system. We don't have to shop at the company store. We don't drink Yuengling beer or eat at Chick Fil A. The only way we have to show our displeasure with a business is with our pocketbook.

TonyDtorch said:
How's Colin doing now days ..... ;D

He has a net worth of about $25 million. So I would say he is doing fine. Kaepernick will do well in life. He has integrity. He doesn't need the NFL. He would like to play, but doesn't have to.

Yea...it's kinda like many Americans voted with their wallets...(or pocketbooks )

Oldgator73 said:
He has a net worth of about $25 million. So I would say he is doing fine. Kaepernick will do well in life. He has integrity. He doesn't need the NFL. He would like to play, but doesn't have to.

Yes he does have integrity.  He places himself above his country.  Now he is filing suit saying the owners colluded against him but his record shows that he is nothing more than a subpar quarterback who made a major mistake and is trying to fit the square peg back into the round hole.  Ain't gonna happen.

To keep it on topic.  Did you know that baseballs Joe Maddon, manager of the Chicago Cubs was gifted a Winnebago a few months ago - by the company.  I am not a Maddon fan but wonder where the PR value is in that?  He does do a lot of RV traveling so maybe it will interest the MLB players to join him 'on the road'. 

Bill

Bill N said:
Yes he does have integrity.  He places himself above his country.  Now he is filing suit saying the owners colluded against him but his record shows that he is nothing more than a subpar quarterback who made a major mistake and is trying to fit the square peg back into the round hole.  Ain't gonna happen.

To keep it on topic.  Did you know that baseballs Joe Maddon, manager of the Chicago Cubs was gifted a Winnebago a few months ago - by the company.  I am not a Maddon fan but wonder where the PR value is in that?  He does do a lot of RV traveling so maybe it will interest the MLB players to join him 'on the road'. 

Bill

Just the opposite. Kaepernick is a patriot using his First Amendment right to free speech to bring an injustice to the forefront. And the owners have every right to hire and fire (or not hire) anyone the want.

i can't answer what the PR value is. I don't know how popular Maddon is since I don't watch or follow any sports (too boring). Speaking of Major League Baseball, the Presenting Partner for the 2017 League Championship Series is none other than Marcos Lemonis AKA Camping World.

I will never complain about someone exercising their constitutional rights, but I do wonder how many of us could get away with similar protests while on "company time" in our working lives.

NY_Dutch said:
I will never complain about someone exercising their constitutional rights, but I do wonder how many of us could get away with similar protests while on "company time" in our working lives.

Very true. I spent the majority of my adult life in the military. The military is not a democracy. But when I worked for DoD I had more say. I walked out of meetings where the commander would start the meeting with a prayer. Not opposed to prayer, just not in the workplace.

Oldgator73 said:
Just the opposite. Kaepernick is a patriot using his First Amendment right to free speech to bring an injustice to the forefront.

That will be the day I call him a patriot.  Look it up in the dictionary. A patriot is someone who fights, defends and if need be, lays down there life for his/her country. I have a word for people like him but I won't say it in this forum. You're not a patriot using his First Amendment Right. You are an America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom