Camping World Claim

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TonyDtorch said:
There were many very important people like Charles Lindbergh and Henry Ford as well as Hollywood that protested our involvement in WW2 .  they ended up being wrong.

seconding guessing who was right or wrong may depend on if we won, or lost the war.

I remember being heckled in uniform during Vietnam....so I guess I am the wrong one.

I also believe that both of those men were found to have had strong pro-**** leanings. In case it matters, which it probably doesn't,  I said I was vilified for not supporting the government during VN, it had nothing to do with you personally, or the military in general. BTW I also served in the US Navy during VN, just not in theater. It is possible to discuss issues without personal attacks, or misconstruing statements. No one who serves this country honorably is wrong, however, that doesn't mean those in power weren't wrong or worse. To challenge another's patriotism is simply wrong without proper justification and I take offense at those among us who choose to do so. The military is there to protect and defend those who can't do so for themselves, not for self aggrandizement or thanks.
RichH

Noticed on the past couple of American League Championship games that the Camping World claim to be #1 since 1966 has been removed.  They must have been getting a lot of heat.

Bill

Oldgator73 said:
i can't answer what the PR value is. I don't know how popular Maddon is since I don't watch or follow any sports (too boring). Speaking of Major League Baseball, the Presenting Partner for the 2017 League Championship Series is none other than Marcos Lemonis AKA Camping World.

This was the point I made in starting this thread - that CW is sponsoring the baseball championship series.  Too bad you don't watch any sports but feel qualified to tell us how wonderful a kneeling quarterback is.  By the way, 25 million in professional sports is chump change these days.

SeilerBird said:
No I don't and I am not complaining about Kapernick. He is covered under the first amendment and I believe in the Constitution, not what old 'patroits' tell me I should be thinking.
No need to get nasty with the 'old patriots' blast Tom.  It is not a matter of 1st Amendment or Constitution.  It is a matter of respect but it goes beyond that.  As an employee of an organization, you can be bound by the rules that an organization imposes on you.  The NFL has a weak sounding policy that states players SHOULD  stand so that pretty much is a nothing policy.  If your employer demanded that you stand as a part of your employment, you would either be unemployed or standing.  I am an old patriot Tom and having spent 20 years in the military I have much different feelings about the issue than you but agree that you are entitled to your opinion.  But, in my mind the whole issue is completely overblown by a media that looks for anything negative they can blow up into a major story.  The media today seems to be practicing a policy of hate and discontent and making sure this country is divided on so many levels:  man vs woman, black vs white; gay vs straight; bathroom use; gender ID, etc, etc.    Frankly I don't see any hope of the USA that I remember returning to it's former self.  Progress it may be but not in my eyes.  Enough from me before I get this whole thing locked down.  It has about reached its end anyway since the Camping World sponsorship has ended with game 7 or the ALCS last night.

Well it doesn't help when someone claims that NFL viewership is down because of this stupid controversy. The fact is that it was a dead issue until recently. People aren't tuning out the NFL because of this. They never broadcast the National Anthem except at the Superbowl so no one was seeing the protests. If my employer demanded I stand then I would stand. I stand anyway when I am at games. And I take off my hat and put my hand on my heart. But I could care less what anyone else does, it is none of my business.

SeilerBird said:
Well it doesn't help when someone claims that NFL viewership is down because of this stupid controversy. The fact is that it was a dead issue until recently. People aren't tuning out the NFL because of this. They never broadcast the National Anthem except at the Superbowl so no one was seeing the protests. If my employer demanded I stand then I would stand. I stand anyway when I am at games. And I take off my hat and put my hand on my heart. But I could care less what anyone else does, it is none of my business.
NFL attendance AND viewership are down because of THIS and OTHER controversies.  It has become known as the National Felons League.  Numerous polls show the decreases to be caused by various factors including the kneeling issue but also the number of criminal offenses by players has added to the NFL woes.  I quit watching 3 years ago.  Just got no enjoyment out of watching old men bang into each other.  College football - that is a different matter - enjoy it a lot.

Bill N said:
No need to get nasty with the 'old patriots' blast Tom.  It is not a matter of 1st Amendment or Constitution. It is a matter of respect but it goes beyond that.  As an employee of an organization, you can be bound by the rules that an organization imposes on you.  The NFL has a weak sounding policy that states players SHOULD  stand so that pretty much is a nothing policy. If your employer demanded that you stand as a part of your employment, you would either be unemployed or standing.  I am an old patriot Tom and having spent 20 years in the military I have much different feelings about the issue than you but agree that you are entitled to your opinion.  But, in my mind the whole issue is completely overblown by a media that looks for anything negative they can blow up into a major story.  The media today seems to be practicing a policy of hate and discontent and making sure this country is divided on so many levels:  man vs woman, black vs white; gay vs straight; bathroom use; gender ID, etc, etc.    Frankly I don't see any hope of the USA that I remember returning to it's former self.  Progress it may be but not in my eyes.  Enough from me before I get this whole thing locked down.  It has about reached its end anyway since the Camping World sponsorship has ended with game 7 or the ALCS last night.

But it is about the Constitution and the First Amendment.
Requiring one to stand would be forced patriotism. I really don't think anyone wants that. Well, North Korea.
Having served in the military does not give someone the right to claim more patriotism than those that did not serve. I served 24 years and have the direct opposite opinion as you. I really don't care if you like it or not that Kaepernick and now many others are taking a knee. And I am sure you don't care that I support them. There are many vets and vet organizations that support these folks right to take a knee. I hate it when military service is used as trump card for these types of issues. "I served in the military, therefore I am the only one that can be a patrio". BS

As the originator of this thread I have requested it be locked by the moderators.  Camping World sponsorship has ended and the thread has drifted into completely different areas where all we are doing is banging heads.  Time to quit before it gets really nasty.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom