Class A Handling issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the term stems from the fact the handling fix can be done without purchasing any parts and costs only effort, sweat, and maybe a little blood. Personally I think "fix" is not an accurate description. I think "improvement" would be better (CHI). IMHO. But Tradition always dominates, right or wrong.

I just read this entire thread including Gary's article. We just sold our Class C Chateau which bounced down the road quite comfortably with never talk of driver fatigue. We plan to spend $60,000 to upgrade to a used 30-32 Class A Gasser and hopefully ovoid purchasing pitfalls. I just assumed we would be golden with an F53 as our E450 was great. Our plan is to be patient and get as much coach as we can in that range. We'll own it 8 years and whats left at resale will go into our portfolio. I like to look at best guess of overall cost start to finish. I certainly don't want to start modifying the chassis or who knows what the day we drive one home. Is an older pusher a reasonable consideration if we spent $80,000 with resale considerations? Any educated thoughts on how to get the best bang for our buck based on our scenario Any do's or dont's or manufacturers we should stay clear of? Thanks for any advice. ..  ..  Bruce

MedfordRV said:
I just read this entire thread including Gary's article. We just sold our Class C Chateau which bounced down the road quite comfortably with never talk of driver fatigue. We plan to spend $60,000 to upgrade to a used 30-32 Class A Gasser and hopefully ovoid purchasing pitfalls. I just assumed we would be golden with an F53 as our E450 was great. Our plan is to be patient and get as much coach as we can in that range. We'll own it 8 years and whats left at resale will go into our portfolio. I like to look at best guess of overall cost start to finish. I certainly don't want to start modifying the chassis or who knows what the day we drive one home. Is an older pusher a reasonable consideration if we spent $80,000 with resale considerations? Any educated thoughts on how to get the best bang for our buck based on our scenario Any do's or dont's or manufacturers we should stay clear of? Thanks for any advice. ..  ..  Bruce
Bruce, If you are wanting a good ride and concerned about resale I would recommend getting a good used diesel pusher. Much better ride and better resale and some nice coaches out there in that price range. Start hear and work down.
https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/used-rvs-for-sale/diesel-motorhomes?sortBy=price+desc&startIndex=24
This will give you a good idea of what is out there and pricing.
Bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom