NAPA 8146 Battery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Windybill

I've been trying to find the info, have not been successful. I have to replace the 2 house 6 volt batteries, because of where I live NAPA seems to be my best choice. I have NAPA 8144 in now and they are about 8 years old. Is the 8146 considered to be a deep cycle battery and has anyone had experience with them. Thanks Much.

It's a GC2, so I would say yes, it's a true deep cycle.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NBP8146

Yes, that is a GC2 "golf cart" battery and designed for deep cycle use. NAPA doesn't make batteries, so that one is probably from East Penn or one of the other big battery manufacturers.  The 68 lb weight indicates it is one of the better GC2 battery models (higher Amp-Hour rating). Cheaper ones typically weight 58-63 lbs. It's a flooded cell type, not an AGM or Gel sealed battery.

I believe that Exide makes the NAPA batteries, looks like the best value for me, choices are limited because of where I have chosen to live. I'm at least 3 hours from even a medium city.

Fortunately, GC2 6v "golf car" batteries are pretty much a commodity, so choosing a manufacturer is not an important consideration. You can compare brands based on the specs, i.e. Amp hours (AH) or Reserve Capacity (RC) and the price for comparable specs. Weight of the battery is also a good indication of its capability - more lead = greater weight = greater AH or RC capacity. The rest of the choice is Flooded Cell vs AGM sealed type. AGMs are pricey but almost zero maintenance. However, they tend to be slightly lower in AH capacity compared to flooded types.

Windybill said:
I believe that Exide makes the NAPA batteries, looks like the best value for me, choices are limited because of where I have chosen to live. I'm at least 3 hours from even a medium city.
Excellent reason to buy at your local NAPA store.

Southwest New Mexico is a wonderful place to live, except when I need something.

Back
Top Bottom