rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Banks Exhaust System Performance  (Read 504 times)

DrTcom

Banks Exhaust System Performance
« on: October 18, 2017, 02:56:50 PM »
What Banks systems have you installed on your Motor Home? I have seen posts by both non-Banks owners and Banks owners and I am interested in only those who actually installed a version of the Banks system and the change in performance they saw.  I am considering a system for my Ford V10 Triton which I drive mostly in mountains out west.  Any real information?
2004 Fiesta pulling a 98 Tracker with Rally Hard Top.

Back2PA

• Photo moderator
  • ---
Re: Banks Exhaust System Performance
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 03:05:00 PM »
What Banks systems have you installed on your Motor Home? I have seen posts by both non-Banks owners and Banks owners and I am interested in only those who actually installed a version of the Banks system and the change in performance they saw.  I am considering a system for my Ford V10 Triton which I drive mostly in mountains out west.  Any real information?

Many years ago I installed a full Banks system including headers on a Ford 460 in a motorhome, and got a noticeable bump in power. I think I also got a slight increase in mileage (on the order of 1/4-1/2 MPG) but that was based on limited sampling. I installed the system due to warped manifolds but was happy to get the performance bump.
Scott
Fulltiming in a 2005 Newmar Dutch Star 3810, Cat 350
Eezrv TPMS, 970W Solar, Tri-Metric Battery monitor
2002 Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab toad
Stowmaster towbar & Brakemaster toad braking system

Photog

• ---
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 05:20:40 PM »
I put the Banks system on my 2004 Workhorse 8.1 L.  There was a noticable pickup in power, especially climbing hills and Colorado mountain passes.  I didn't see much of a change in MPG.
Bill
2004 Winnebago Adventurer 38R

99dart

• ---
  • If it ain't broke...don't fix it!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 04:30:11 PM »
My brother-in-law swears by his! He says it gave him a noticeable improvement in power and a bit of an mpg gain. Sorry I can't tell you any numbers. It is a 34ft A class. It's probably 1998 to a 2000 model.
2016 Thor Quantum WS31
2014 Ford Focus toad
1998 Four Winds Chateau -- sold

Harvard

• ---
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 04:54:45 PM »
I installed a Banks exhaust on a 1999 Ford V10 F53 and the thing I noticed most was much less fan clutch cycling after the install. So the engine ran much cooler with the new headers.