Banks Exhaust System Performance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrTcom

What Banks systems have you installed on your Motor Home? I have seen posts by both non-Banks owners and Banks owners and I am interested in only those who actually installed a version of the Banks system and the change in performance they saw.  I am considering a system for my Ford V10 Triton which I drive mostly in mountains out west.  Any real information?

DrTcom said:
What Banks systems have you installed on your Motor Home? I have seen posts by both non-Banks owners and Banks owners and I am interested in only those who actually installed a version of the Banks system and the change in performance they saw.  I am considering a system for my Ford V10 Triton which I drive mostly in mountains out west.  Any real information?

Many years ago I installed a full Banks system including headers on a Ford 460 in a motorhome, and got a noticeable bump in power. I think I also got a slight increase in mileage (on the order of 1/4-1/2 MPG) but that was based on limited sampling. I installed the system due to warped manifolds but was happy to get the performance bump.

I put the Banks system on my 2004 Workhorse 8.1 L.  There was a noticable pickup in power, especially climbing hills and Colorado mountain passes.  I didn't see much of a change in MPG.

My brother-in-law swears by his! He says it gave him a noticeable improvement in power and a bit of an mpg gain. Sorry I can't tell you any numbers. It is a 34ft A class. It's probably 1998 to a 2000 model.

I installed a Banks exhaust on a 1999 Ford V10 F53 and the thing I noticed most was much less fan clutch cycling after the install. So the engine ran much cooler with the new headers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom