Let's Go Dodgers !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
T

TonyDtorch

Beat the Cubs tonight and it's off to the World Series........it could be 1988 all over again.

Go Blue .  ( Dodger Blue ;) )

I was born and raised a Cubs fan near Chicago. When I was 11 we moved to LA and I have been a Dodger fan ever since. Watching the Cubs play the Dodgers for the World Series berth is like watching my parents getting a divorce. But I am rooting for the Dodgers since the Cubs won last year and the Dodgers haven't won since 1988. Meanwhile I have been rooting since the All Star break for a Dodgers Yankees World Series. This puts me in the awkward spot of rooting for the Yankees this week. That would be the first time I have ever rooted for the Yankees. Bizaroo week. Rooting for the Cubs to loose and for the Yankees to win.  :-[

Roy M said:
Cubs survived to fight another day but it's an uphill battle. Looks like the Astros have lost their momentum.
Yes they did however they go with Verlander tonight and he is virtually unbeatable in the post season. Cubs have to go through Kershaw.

after a grand slam homer it's not looking too good for the Cubbies...sorry.    :-X

9 to 1 in the 6th.  I'm hearing Harry Caray's "holy cow" but for the totally wrong reason.  :'(

I've always had a place in my baseball heart for the Dodgers. We moved to LA the year before the Dodgers, and they were really my first Baseball team. I had a collection of gimme stuff from the year they moved to LA. I actually met Drysdale and Reese at Knott's Berry Farm for some team function that year.

To see them in the Series again will be a real treat

LarsMac said:
Now, I'm rooting for the Yanks.
How cool to see yet another Dodgers vs Yankees World Series.

Me too, I am a Yanks fan, but recalling with fond memories when the Dodgers were the Brooklyn Dodgers, it would be a win-win series for me so would love to see another Yanks Dodgers series, harking back to the good ole day's of baseball.

I have been rooting for a Dodgers Yankees World Series now since 1982. All week long I have had to root against the Cubs (I am Chicago born so that is not easy) and root for the Yankees, which is really painful. Only one game to go to see my dream come true. I have been a Dodger fan since 1959 when we moved to LA.  ;D

yes,  a Dodger vs. Yankees would be a wonderful world series.

with the Dodgers winning in the bottom of the 9th of the 7th game... ::)

TonyDtorch said:
yes,  a Dodger vs. Yankees would be a wonderful world series.

with the Dodgers winning in the bottom of the 9th of the 7th game... ::)

I agree except it should be the Yankees winning in the 9th of the 7th game.  But first, the Yanks have to get past Houston.  Either way it should be exciting.

Gizmo said:
I agree except it should be the Yankees winning in the 9th of the 7th game.  But first, the Yanks have to get past Houston.  Either way it should be exciting.
Yes, they have to deal with Verlander tonight. One of the best pitchers in the American League. And if they beat him they have Kershaw on Tuesday, who is one of the best pitchers in the National League.

the cheapest tickets for game 1 at Dodger stadium are $950.00  :eek:

TonyDtorch said:
the cheapest tickets for game 1 at Dodger stadium are $950.00  :eek:
Yesterday my doctor asked me if I was going to go to LA to see a game. He went to Wrigley Field last year and sat on a rooftop to watch one of the series games. I told him I could not afford it since I was not a rich doctor. That is insanity to pay a grand to sit at a game. You get to see much more by staying home and watching it on TV.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom