Let's Go Dodgers !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm still shocked at the Astros/Yankees final score.  :eek: Verlander put on a show. I have been to a few hockey and football games, it was fun being there but like you I would much rather watch them on tv in spite of the commercials and some of the announcers.

Dang it..I wanted to see the Yankees play the Dodgers.

SeilerBird said:
That is insanity to pay a grand to sit at a game.

Tom, Tony said it was $950 for a ticket not a grand. You can go now and with the extra $50.00 in your pocket, you can buy a hot dog and maybe even a soda.    ;D

Rene T said:
Tom, Tony said it was $950 for a ticket not a grand. You can go now and with the extra $50.00 in your pocket, you can buy a hot dog and maybe even a soda.    ;D
Obviously you have not bought any tickets lately. They will add several fees to the $950 and it will end up well over a grand. But since the Yankees got eliminated the price of the tickets have dropped. You can see the Dodgers and the Astros at Dodger Stadium for $858. And you can see them in Houston for $686, standing room only.

This Cardinal fan is rooting for the Astros.  I just like a young team that has never won a World Series and they have the talent to do it this year.

Bill

SeilerBird said:
Dodgers in 4. Kershaw is virtually unbeatable.
The Dodgers haven't been to the World Series in 28 years and one reason is Kershaw has bit the bullet several times late in the game - at least twice to the Cardinals.  He was also out for an extended period this year with back problems.  No doubt Clayton is a great pitcher but it takes 9 men to make a team and Verlander can match him everyday.  Need I say I am pulling for the Astros.........lol

Yes the Cardinals do have the best logo.

But the Dodgers have the best team this year. 

The Astro's remind me of the Buffalo Bill's...they are one of those newer teams that never really wins anything.

SeilerBird said:
I don't blame Kershaw for those two losses. The bullpen let him down and the offence didn't score enough runs.
Okay we each see it our own way but I recall Kershaw giving up home runs in the 7th inning on both occasions - then the bullpen got to try and hold it down.  The offense didn't score enough runs?....lol  Tim McCarver of whom I have a low opinion has a famous saying:  The team that scores the most runs usually wins................lol

TonyDtorch said:
Yes the Cardinals do have the best logo.

But the Dodgers have the best team this year. 

The Astro's remind me of the Buffalo Bill's...they are one of those newer teams that never really wins anything.
The Astros remind me of the two bulls standing on a hill.  The young bull says "lets run down and get us a cow."  The old bull says "lets walk down and get ALL the cows."..............lol          The Astros are running.  The Dodgers need to see if they can put the brakes on them.  Hint:  The Astros are a team that wins a lot at home and looks bad on the road - sometimes but not this time..  Those guys are hungry.......Good luck.

Bill N said:
Okay we each see it our own way but I recall Kershaw giving up home runs in the 7th inning on both occasions - then the bullpen got to try and hold it down.  The offense didn't score enough runs?....lol  Tim McCarver of whom I have a low opinion has a famous saying:  The team that scores the most runs usually wins................lol
The Dodgers were winning 2-0 in the 7th when K gives up a 3 run home run. That is not exactly choking, all pitchers give up home runs. But they only scored 2 runs for him, pathetic. The 2013 series he was just left in way too long, and he gave up no home runs. Both times the manager was partially at fault. But he is human, and he is not perfect, but I sure like our chances. It is sad that Kershaw v Verlander won't happen this season.

we also have 40 mph Santa Ana winds blowing from the outfield towards home plate.

the local news said Dodger stadium is already known as a 'pitchers park' so don't expect a lot of home runs.  ( I didn't know that)

Back
Top Bottom