Delaware to St. helena Island SC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdbgoat

Last week we took a trip to South Carolina to see our eldest grandson graduate Marine Corp bootcamp at Parris Island.
I got off work about 5:30 pm, ran home, took a shower, and headed South.
We stayed the first night at the Virginia Welcome Center at Cape Charles. Asphalt dry dry camping. Plenty of room, but the noise was a bit much. Harleys were the biggest offenders. Most of the riders were courteous, but one in particular had to keep hitting his throttle for no reason. Other than that, pretty uneventful.

Stopped at Goldsboro, NC to visit my sister. More asphalt dry camping. There's a Solo station there that charges $10/night. There is also a street beside it that truckers use. Along that street is the Mar Mac Pointe shopping center. There is only one resident of the shopping center, and that's an emergency call center. Parked in that lot for two nights, LEO's patrolled the area, and just waved as they turned around, so I assume us being there with the slides open wasn't an issue. Pretty quiet there, and we could run the generator without disturbing anyone.

Went to Colleton State Park for two nights. Water and 30 amp electric only, with a dump station on the way out. Pretty quiet there, and staff were outstanding. It's a small tight, wooded campground with only 25 sites. Not a lot to do there unless one kayaks or goes elsewhere for anything except relaxing. Only something like $17/19 dollars a night.

From Colleton SP, we went to Tuck In The Woods campground in St. Helena Island. Still fairly tight for a big rig, but there was a 42' American Eagle two sites in front of us. Full hook ups with 50 amp service. The staff was great (1 guy-Adam).  Stayed there three nights.

Drove 1320 miles, ran generator 14.7 hours, and used 181 gallons of gas. Quite enjoyable trip overall.

Back
Top Bottom