Performing for/at an elementary school

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Today, approx 30 Delta Strummers performed at a K-8 school. We've performed here once before, and they have a great venue - a multi-purpose hall/gymnasium with a stage and band risers.

I say "perform" somewhat loosely; Several of the songs required participation by the audience, and these kids really got into it. They were even clapping to the beat of songs they didn't know.

I took videos courtesy of the Panasonic app on my phone. However, two things went 'wrong' today:
  • They turned the house lights off altogether, and the stage lights were pathetic.
  • My new external stereo microphone arrived yesterday and appeared to work last evening. I was flipping between stills and video via my on-stage cell phone app and forgot to plug in the new stereo mic.
The combined result of the above meant that on-board/OEM video was almost monochrome, and audio was barely better than prior attempts. IOW I need to do some cleanup of video and audio.

Attached is a still pic I took during the warm-up. I'm behind the camera, and our Music Director sits in the front row for our performances.

[quote author=Tom]I took videos courtesy of the Panasonic app on my phone. ....on-board/OEM video was almost monochrome ... IOW I need to do some cleanup of video and audio.[/quote]

Thanks to me being unfamiliar with the WiFi remote cell phone app, I inadvertently switched the camera to monochrome during video recording. Raising just the brightness on the videos significantly increases the 'noise'. I'm still working on the videos.

Attachments

• P1000363crop2.jpg
    P1000363crop2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 13
Tom said:
Attached is a still pic I took during the warm-up. I'm behind the camera, and our Music Director sits in the front row for our performances.

Thanks to me being unfamiliar with the WiFi remote cell phone app, I inadvertently switched the camera to monochrome during video recording. Raising just the brightness on the videos significantly increases the 'noise'. I'm still working on the videos.

Those are the oldest elementary school kids I've ever seen.

[quote author=Oldgator73]Those are the oldest elementary school kids I've ever seen.[/quote]

Aye, we are  ;D

[quote author=Tom]The combined result of the above meant that on-board/OEM video was almost monochrome...[/quote]

It turns out that, in addition to forgetting to plug in the new stereo mic, I inadvertently switched the camera to monochrome via the cell phone app  :-[ Playing around with the 'dark' monochrome video in Pinnacle, I can increase brightness, but at the expense of lots of video noise.

Too bad I had to 'practice and learn' in a live performance.

Tom said:
It turns out that, in addition to forgetting to plug in the new stereo mic, I inadvertently switched the camera to monochrome via the cell phone app  :-[ Playing around with the 'dark' monochrome video in Pinnacle, I can increase brightness, but at the expense of lots of video noise.

Too bad I had to 'practice and learn' in a live performance.

Don't feel bad. We've been on vacation to places we will never go back to and thought I was taking video and it was on pause the whole time.

[quote author=Oldgator73]We've been on vacation to places we will never go back to and thought I was taking video and it was on pause the whole time.[/quote]

LOL. We spent a couple of weeks exploring the quaint villages of Cornwall, UK under the guidance of my uncle. One day I wondered why the film camera was still clicking along, and I realized there was no film in the camera  :-[

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom