Tire Minder Booster Location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john owens

Hey Folks..Just purchased the TMA1A tire pressure/temp setup. Only thing I am wondering about is where is the best spot to mount the signsl booster device that comes in the kit. It has two alligator clips that attatch to what I am assuming is my house batterys. They ask that the booster is mounted on the frame somewhere but that is not clear to me. What have others done?? Thanks and happy camping!!

The booster is supposed to be mostly weather resistant, but I wasn't going to take the chance, so I bought a plastic (no metal) hobby electronics work box big enough to mount the booster in.  I also installed a weatherproof switch on the box to be able to turn it off when not in use.  I then ran the wire over to the house battery and cut off the alligator clips and used some ring connectors to hook it up to the battery full time.  All of the equipment is mounted on the trailer tongue, on the driver's side for easy access.  The receiver is then put on the back window of my truck, inside.  I have the tire minder unit that converts the booster signal into a Bluetooth output and can then be displayed on my phone or tablet instead of having a dedicated display to clutter up the dash.  I never did take any pics of my install, but I would post them if I did.....sorry.

I put mine in the rear compartment/battery bay.  I used wire ties to mount it.

I installed mine in the rear bathroom closet of our DP, so it could get a good signal from the transmitters on our towed vehicles. It works well there. I hard-wired it to a 12 volt source and installed a switch to turn it off when we're camped somewhere. We boondock a lot, and the repeater draws .25 amps per hour. That's not a lot, but it is 6 amps a day, every day we're camped. It adds up.

Kev

So I am gathering from the proud and FEW responses that it isn't necessary to mount the booster outside on my Class A framework. I will clip it to my house batterys which are inside a compartment just ahead of my entry steps, along with my inverter setup. Hope it works!! Thank you who did send some advice! :)

I believe you want it onwards the rear of the MH.  It boost the signal from the rear transmitters.

Do NOT place it in a battery compartment. The acidic fumes from a charging battery will ruin it in short order

Hi Stu. My house batterys are class 31 AGM type...5 of them. But that is a good point. Also getting the rear sensors a boost..I think my compartment is about halfway between the front and rerar wheels..so I hope it will work as designed. Thanks for input!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foogie
Back
Top Bottom