rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Lithium Batteries: Cold Weather Question  (Read 2643 times)

Gizmo

• ---
Re: Lithium Batteries: Cold Weather Question
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2018, 08:30:17 AM »
Unfortunately that is not an option for us because of layout and limited space in our rig, otherwise that is the best solution.  As I mentioned before, the folks at Battle Born said when I posed the problem and question to them, all that is really needed is to insulate the box and place an incandescent lamp.  I have insulated the box and have a weather station with a remote sensor in the battery box and in my basement/storage area where the tanks are located.  So far, although I have not been faced with freezing temperatures, the temp in the box has been very close to that of the basement area, so I suspect because the battery box is surrounded on 2-sides by a heated space that may have a positive effect.  I will be putting all this to the test in April when we leave Phoenix for the Black Hills of S.D. where I anticipate temps at or below the freezing mark.  Before we leave I will install an incandescent lamp, so will see and will be sure to report back how it all works out.
Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki
2017 Eagle Cap 1165 Truck Camper With Tork Lift Fast Gun Tie Downs & T.L. Wobble Stoppers
2015 Ram Big Horn 3500 CC Cummins TD Dually 3:73 Gears & AISIN Tranny
Gone But not forgotten:
2014 Northwoods Snow River 246RKS &
2013 Aliner Expedition