looking for a new radio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

henkelphoto

Hi guys!

We own a Hideout 177lhs TT that came with a pretty basic radio, am-fm only. I'd like to replace it with a radio that has a cd player and usb port, that way, I'd still have use of the speakers in the TT. Is it even possible to find a radio that has those options and will fit in the same slot? Can anyone offer a website that offers these units? Would I be better off just getting a cd player that sits on the counter? Also, assuming I can find one that fits in the same slot, it the install something that can be done or is it necessary to take the TT to a repair facility?

Thanks!

I don't know where you are located but Fry's electronics stores should have something.  Also do a search on the internet as Amazon, Ebay and other places should have something that will work.  The usual problem today is the smaller size so you may need a filler for the space. 

Mounting should not be a problem if you have the directions for the new radio as the old one should come out the reverse of the new one mounting.

You can make just about any smaller radio fit in any space by using a filler panel. In my old MH I used Black plexiglass frame around a radio/CD player  to fill the space around the radio I bought from Best Buy. It looked like it belonged.

We have this. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Jensen-AWM968-AM-FM-DVD-CD-USB-Bluetooth-Stereo/158862901?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=425&adid=22222222227041304109&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=t&wl3=106025704157&wl4=aud-261800282100:pla-291382229117&wl5=9030266&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=111840112&wl11=online&wl12=158862901&wl13=&veh=sem
But we got it from camping World a couple years ago. It?s very nice. It fit in the same hole in the cabinet that the old tape player was in previously. Hooked up to speakers too. Can also be wired to tv to play dvds.

Thanks guys,

I'm going to have to pull the unit to find out what will fit in the same hole as it's located in front of the sink. I don't think a unit with a cd player will fit due to this. Once I pull the unit out, I can find out how deep the hole is.

I used a car stereo.  Fairly inexpensive from Amazon or Crutchfield.

It's a lot smaller than the POS unit it replaced.  I framed the area and put in a small door to cover the void.  That space is now used for storage of CDs and USB drives.

Back
Top Bottom